Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Artichoke update

Alright, now that I'm all backed up on updating you on the lil' plants that we were following closely when I started this blog.

When I last showed you how the artichoke was looking, things were going great. Not long after those photos were taken,  even more exciting stuff happened!

Looky here:
Holy crap! That's 2, count 'em, TWO little artichoke globes. What luck! My plot neighbor said he's had huge artichoke plants for years and they've never produced actual 'chokes to eat. And this was a plant that I totally salvaged from the weed patch that was Plot 24.

Well, nature giveth and nature taketh away. Was it something I did? No. It was a GOPHER.

A while back, I had a mysterious broccoli disappearance. It was during my blogging hiatus, but here were the pictures of the row when one plant went missing. Note the shaded area where the four three broccoli plants are.
And a closeup of where the plant once was:
Without a trace.

So one day I go to visit the plot and my beautiful artichoke plant has been nommed to death, the roots chewed up and the whole plant wrecked. AND HE DIDN'T EVEN EAT THE ARTICHOKES.

Needless to say, I'm heartbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment